With our cam upgrade in place, it was time for more dyno testing.
After the cam swap, we installed the same Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap intake, Holley 750 HP carburetor, and MSD distributor run in Part 1.
Though the factory hydraulic roller lifters were still in running order, we replaced them with a set of lifters (PN 900-16) for good measure.
The replacement lifters were designed to work with the factory guides and retainer system.
Besides, the right cam would make much more of a power difference than a couple extra points of compression, and the L29 was already sporting small combustion chambers, which would all but dictate a piston change to alter compression.