Currently, various structures, including the arsenal, barracks, two gates, and several parts of the walls (transformed into a park) remain.
On 17 February 1745, the Surakarta Kingdom moved to a new opened forest named Sala Village and build their Royal Residential Palace and urban area with a 15 kilometers long of "Beteng Kraton" or Palace wall around it. The city wall that left is only about 10% from the real appearance.
Trowulan was the capital of the former Majapahit Empire.
There were six gates, but these have been demolished in the 19th century.
Apart from the impressive medieval castle, three small, tower-like bastions, as well as several small stretches of curtain wall, remain of the wall built around the town by the French military engineer Vauban in the 17th century.
An outer work, to the east of the fortifications, is incorporated in a swimming pool complex.